Calling for a Board Observer
Calling for a Board Observer
The Board of Deer Industry New Zealand offers the opportunity for personal and professional development to a person with an interest in the deer sector to join the DINZ board in an observer capacity for 12 months.
- The opportunity is open to any stakeholder in the deer industry who has an interest in assuming governance roles.
- The person should have interests in the farmed deer sector, either through ownership of animals or employment in the production, processing or marketing of farmed deer products, or related industries.
- The person should be someone who could reasonably be expected to stand for governance positions at the completion of their observer term.
- The purpose of the observer role is to develop an individual's governance skills, therefore the applicants need not need have previously served in similar capacities.
- The person should be sufficiently experienced in their professional capacity to be able to add to the views of the DINZ Board.
- Applications from individuals who also have skills and experience from outside of the deer industry are encouraged.
- Willingness to bring their perspective to the deliberations of the DINZ Board
- Aspirations for leadership in the deer and/or broader agriculture sector
- Breadth of experience from outside the deer farming community
- Availability to contribute to DINZ Board meetings
- Demonstration of career progression
A selection sub-committee of DINZ Board members will assess expressions of interest and then interview a shortlist of candidates. An appointment will be made in early 2020, for a person to attend DINZ Board meetings during 2020.
Travel and other reasonable expenses will be covered by Deer Industry New Zealand.
The term would be for one Calendar Year. During the year the observer will be offered the opportunity to attend Institute of Directors training at DINZ expense.
DINZ Board meetings will be held on:
- 26 February
- 15 April
- 19-20 May (deer Industry Conference)
- 23 July
- 8 September
- 24 November
Those interested in applying should submit an expression of interest to DINZ, c/o the CEO before 24th January. Expressions of Interest should include summary of career to date, involvement with the New Zealand farmed deer sector, and how the skills, attitude and experiences of the applicant would benefit DINZ Board decision making.
- 19 December - Call for applications
- 24 Jan - Applications close
- w/e 7 Feb Telephone interviews with Selection Panel - Confirm observer
- 25 Feb - Observer induction to Deer Industry New Zealand
- 26 Feb - Observer attends first meeting.
Selection as a Board Observer provide no automatic right to selection to the DINZ Board.
Please call Innes Moffat on 021 465 121 to discuss the opportunity. Expressions of interest should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before 24th January 2020.