The agriculture sector, through the He Waka Eke Noa partnership, has a target that by the end of 2022 all farmers will be required to know their greenhouse gas (GHG) number. This is in preparation for agriculture having an emissions pricing regime in place by 2025.
Deer Industry NZ in association with Beef + Lamb NZ invites farmers to come along to a facilitated GHG workshop to understand what this means for farmers and how to calculate your own farm GHG number.
Various dates, locations and times as follow (click links to see venues);
- 30th November – Waipukarau, Hawkes Bay - 1.00pm to 4.00pm >> **PLEASE REGISTER**
- 6th December – Te Puke, Western Bay of Plenty, 1.00pm to 4.00pm **PLEASE REGISTER**
- 8th December – Taumarunui, King Country, 1.00pm to 4.00pm **PLEASE REGISTER**
- 29th November – Kaikoura, North Canterbury, 1.00pm to 4.00pm >> **CANCELLED**
- 1st December – Tapawera, Tasman - 9.00am - 12.30pm **PLEASE REGISTER**
TO REGISTER FOR ONE OF THESE WORKSHOPS, CLICK ON THE LINKS ABOVE.
The workshops will cover:
The background to the calculator and why it is important to ‘know your numbers’.
A case study demonstration of what the GHG calculation involves.
- Time to complete your own farms calculation.
- Discussion on the various numbers generated
- Discussion on how to manage your emissions on farm.
By the end of these workshops, you will “know your number” and have met your 2022 requirement.
What to bring:
- Create a Beef + Lamb NZ account if you haven’t already and remember password https://beeflambnz.com/user
- A laptop or tablet
- GST Number - need for B+LNZ calculator
- Financial accounts - farm details, stock reconciliation (open & close, births, purchases and sales)
- PLEASE NOTE: For stock numbers, it is best to bring financial statements produced by your accountant.
- Fertiliser annual summary (nitrogen, lime, dolomite applied)
- Vegetation area and age
- Exotic forest
- Indigenous forest (>5 m mature height)
- Indigenous shrubland (>5m mature height).
The workshop will be facilitated with all workshop materials provided.
For more information on the above workshops contact DINZ on 04 473 4500 or alternatively Megan McCall on 027 207 6074 or email - firstname.lastname@example.org.