Jul 2, 2021
We hope everyone that is affected by the flooding is drying out. We understand that this will be a tough time for many and would like to offer our support. If there is any way that the NZDFA can assist, right now or in the future, please reach out to one of the contacts at the end of the email.
Those of you who are members of the South Canterbury North Otago Branch NZDFA will have also received an email from the branch about coordinating help for those affected. If you or someone you know is affected or has the capacity to help out, please get in touch with SCNO chair Graham Peck (contact details below).
Some resources that you might find useful:
- Beef + Lamb NZ have a page on their website that combines information and resources that might be of use during this time - beeflambnz.com/news-views/flood-support >>
- Minister O'Connor declared last week an adverse event for the Canterbury region, unlocking Government support for farmers and growers. For details on this and other information related to adverse weather events, please head to mpi.govt.nz/funding-rural-support/adverse-events/ >>
- NAIT reporting timeframes have been extended. These extended timeframes apply from the end of the local state of emergency: PICA registration – to be done within 7 days; Animal movements – to be declared within 7 days; Animals that arrive untagged – to be tagged and registered within 7 days; Animal deaths – to be declared within 21 days. For more information, head to ospri.co.nz/news-and-events/reporting-for-those-affected-by-canterbury-flooding/ >>
- Canterbury Civil Defence Emergency Management (CDEM) Group has put together a fact sheet (click here to download) for those affected by the Canterbury flood event. A specific web page has also been set up: cdemcanterbury.govt.nz/canterbury-cdem/news-and-media/2021/june/support-for-canterbury-flood-event/
- MPI Website and Factsheets updated - MPI have updated www.mpi.govt.nz/funding-rural-support/adverse-events/dealing-with-floods/ and their Flooding and Drought factsheets to reflect recent events.
- Access to feed support services MPI - this process has been streamlined, please call 0800 FARMING or 0800 32 76 46 and follow the voice prompts.
Our thoughts are with you all that have been affected and we wish you all the best through this time.
NZ Deer Farmers' Association
- John Somerville - Chair NZDFA - 027 447 5437 / 03 246 9803 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Russell Rudd - Chair Canterbury West Coast Branch - 027 608 2056 / 03 312 5355 / email@example.com
- Graham Peck - Chair South Canterbury North Otago Branch - 021 022 18948 / 03 614 8006 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tony Pearse - Deer Industry NZ Producer Manager - 021 719 038 / email@example.com