Sep 8, 2022
The NZDFA along with DINZ hosted 4 Ag ITO students from 08–12 August as part of a Future Deer Farmers Experience tour to show them the deer farming industry. The selected students were;
- Joel Loxton from Mackenzie, studying for a Diploma in Farm Management Lincoln University
- Katie McNeill, Taihape, Fairlight Foundation, Southland
- Angus Gardner, Culverden, Smedley Station Hawke’s Bay
- Olivia Anderson, Hokitika, High Country Farming Programme Otago Polytechnic, Cromwell.
The group visited and met with the following people, farms, processing companies and also tagged along to the NZDFA Next Generation 2022 conference in Turangi, Ohakune and Taihape, hosted by the Taihape Ruapehu branch NZDFA;
- Alpine Deer NZ, Tauranga
- Bay of Plenty branch NZDFA
- CK Import Export, Te Awamutu
- Silver Fern Farms, Rotorua Plant
- Goudies Pamu, Reporoa
- Pamu Aratiatia Deer Milking, Taupo
- Waihi-Pukawa Station, Kuratau
- Balquhidder farm, Taihape
- Ruapehu Deer Stud, Taihape.
Thank you to the hosts above for having the group visit and for showing them our special industry.