Nov 3, 2022
Issue 183 | November 2022
|If you or your NZDFA branch have recently held any deer farming events, please feel free to contact DFA Stagline and we will aim to publish them in the next issue.|
Mark McCoard on what the NZDFA Executive Committee have been up to, including highlights from the Branch Chairs Meeting and thoughts on proposed greenhouse gas regulations.
Producer Manager Lindsay Fung reports what he has been doing since the last issue, including the Branch Chairs Meeting, a wetlands field day and an intro to deer farming for MPI officials.
The NZDFA have honoured Paddy & Barb Boyd with Life Membership for their decades of contributions to the industry and association.
Congratulations to Barry Mackintosh who is the recipient of the 2022 NZDFA Matuschka Award.
Congratulations to Ron Schroeder who is the recipient of the 2022 Deer Industry Award.
Including the 40th National Velvet Comp and the re-established Rising Stars. Please give your support to these DFA and industry events.
- Guidelines for Velvet Competitions and Stag Sales
- REMINDER: submissions close 10 Nov for the draft Deer Code of Welfare
- Pricing agricultural emissions - public feedback
- Production calendar feature: Velvet Grading Guidelines
- Reminder: closure of ANZ bank account
- Classifieds: Vet students looking for placement on deer farm
- Joke of the Month
- ‘Know Your Number’ GHG Workshop - Various Locations
- Environmental Award field day - Arawata Farm
- Hawkes Bay 2022 Velvet and Hard Antler Competition
- Central Regions & Taihape 2022 Velvet and Hard Antler Competition
- SCNO 2022 Velvet & Hard Antler Competition
- North Island Velvet Competition
- National Velvet and Hard Antler Competition
- 2023 EWSNZ Velvet Competition
- 2023 Rising Stars25 February 2023, Te Awamutu