Jun 2, 2023
Issue 189 | June 2023
Last month Ashburton played host to almost a couple-hundred deer farmers and industry representatives, the first time we've gathered in person as an industry since 2021. Here's how it went down.
It was a big night on Wednesday 10 May. We will take you through the winners were for the Deer Industry Award, Matuschka Award, MSD/Allflex Deer Industry Photo Comp and the Biennial Deer Industry Environment Awards.
Karen Middelberg discusses the successful conference, the NZDFA "Focus" and industry succession.
Expressions of interest have been rolling in despite over two months to go to this popular annual programme! It's shaping up to be a fantastic event so don't miss out, get your registration in now. Thanks to Canterbury West Coast Branch NZDFA and Elk Wapiti Society NZ for hosting this years event.
Producer Manager Lindsay Fung talks about the Industry Conference, winter grazing, changes at DINZ and more.
- New NZDFA appointment on the National Velvetting Standards Body
- Join the NZDFA
- MetService Outlook
- Production feature: Scanning
- Joke of the Month
- Deer Lameness Workshop, 7 July 2023, in-person and online
- Next Generation 2023, 3-4 August 2023, Canterbury
- 2023 41st National Velvet & Trophy Antler Competition, Awards Night 8 December 2023, Invercargill
- 2024 CK Import Export Rising Stars, 9 March 2024, Te Awamutu