Oct 17, 2023
Issue 193 | October 2023
Executive Committee member Karen Middelberg updating us on her regions weather, a brief update on the Branch Chairs Meeting and recent meeting of Hawkes Bay farmers with Deer Select manager Sharon McIntyre.
The NZDFA Branch Chairs Meeting was held on 5 and 6 October in Wellington and the attendees were engaged throughout the whole time and the common themes – costs of production and environmental regulation – were counterbalanced by more upbeat more positive outlooks (good growing season, new faces coming on board NZDFA branches, looking to invigorate branch membership and activities).
Producer Manager Lindsay Fung’s update on El Nino, NZDFA activity, DINZ Roadshows and the upcoming environment field day at Glen Dene.
Organised by local DFA branches, a lot of work goes on behind the scenes so please support these events. The competitions are sure to be great events and the perfect opportunity to catch up with those you've not seen in awhile.
A list of stag and wapiti bull sales across the country in December and January.
- Represent the NZDFA on the OSPRI Stakeholders Council
- Primary ITO - support for farms
- MetService Outlook October 2023
- Production feature: Velvet antler growth cycle
- Joke of the Month
- SCNO 2023 Velvet & Hard Antler Competition, 24 November Timaru
- 2023 North Island Velvet Competition, Awards Night 25 November, Fielding
- Environmental Award field day - Glen Dene, 1 December, Wanaka
- 2023/24 Stag, Hind and Wapiti Bull Sales
- 2023 41st National Velvet & Trophy Antler Competition, Awards Night 8 December 2023, Invercargill
- 2024 CK Import Export Rising Stars, 9 March 2024, Te Awamutu
|If you or your NZDFA branch have recently held any deer farming events or have a story that you'd like to share, please feel free to contact DFA Stagline with details and we will aim to publish them in the next issue.