May 5, 2022
Deer Industry NZ lead another Big Deer Tour which took place from the 19 to 22 April 2022. 8 university students were selected for a tour of our industry.
To see a report of the week from participant Megan Ross, click here >>
Deer Industry New Zealand would like to thank the following industry partners and deer farmers for their contribution during the week and for agreeing to host the group;
- Ross Chambers and Edmund Noonan, Provelco, Christchurch
- Simon Wakefield, Deer Milking Ltd, Mt Somers
- Tom Macfarlane and Charlie Johns, Melior Venison, Fairlie
- Hamish Orbell, Clayton Station, Fairlie
- South Canterbury / North Otago Deer Farmers Association Branch Committee
- Barry Parsons, Latitude Trading Co., Timaru
- Simon Glennie and Megan McCall Abacusbio Ltd, Dunedin
- Brent McKenzie, Kinvara Farm, Middemarch
- Duncan Venison NZ
- AgResearch Invermay
- Silver Fern Farms, Dunedin
This tour was produced as part of the Passion2Profit programme, a Primary Growth Partnership co-funded by Deer Industry New Zealand and the Ministry for Primary Industries.