May 5, 2023
After last year's hiatus, we've reached the attendee limit for the conference, dinner and field day. It's awesome that so many of you are keen to join us again and we're looking forward to seeing you all in Ashburton next week!
We are running a waitlist for the conference, dinner and field day, so if you'd like to be added to that, please email Rebecca on email@example.com
For those that are coming along, here's what to expect!
May 10th - Conference
09:00 48th NZDFA AGM - All DFA members are welcome to attend
10:30 INDUSTRY CONFERENCE - facilitated by Sarah Perriam
- State of the Industry - Mandy Bell, DINZ Chair and Innes Moffatt, DINZ CEO
- My vision for the future - Lorna Humm
- Market Updates - Rhys Griffiths, DINZ and venison marketing managers
- NZDFA Chair's view - Justin Stevens, NZDFA Chair
- DINZ Board Q&A
12:30 Lunch and Student Poster Session
14:00 Workshop sessions
- Handling stress
- Regenerative agriculture and conventional deer farming – differences and similarities
- Community engagement: Telling the deer farming story, what would you like to see?
- Science success in the deer industry
16:00 Guest Speakers
- Mark Adams (Chair, South Canterbury Rural Trust)
- Key Note Speaker, Sir Ian Taylor (founder of Animation Research Ltd) Sponsored by FMG
19:00 - INDUSTRY AWARDS DINNER - Hosted by Silver Fern Farms
- Deer Industry Award
- NZDFA Matuschka Award
- Biennial Deer Industry Environment Awards
- MSD/Allflex Deer Industry Photo Competition
May 11th - Field day
Hosted by the Canterbury West Coast Branch NZDFA.
For this year's field day, we're heading just out of Ashburton to Darryl Butterick's farm. The property suffered flooding damage so we will get to look at the recovery along with other topics. Lunch will be provided afterwards.