May 5, 2023
Issue 188 | May 2023
Pop this date in your diaries - we'll be heading to Canterbury! Plans are coming together for the 11th Next Generation Programme on 3 and 4 August and it's shaping up to be a fantastic event. We're opening expressions of interest to attend. Thanks to Canterbury West Coast Branch NZDFA and Elk Wapiti Society NZ for hosting this years event.
Jamie Ward shares his thoughts on knowledge and leadership for the NZDFA and learnings from internal reflections that the Executive Committee are shaping into their "Focus".
After last year's hiatus, we've reached the attendee limit for the conference, dinner and field day. It's awesome that so many of you are keen to join us again and we're looking forward to seeing you all in Ashburton next week!
Lindsay Fung gives a rundown on the what's been happening around the country including the Cyclone Gabrielle recovery funds, the Deer Industry, Matuschka and Environment awards and recent industry positions nominations and elections.
Four candidates are vying for one position on the DINZ Board and will be interviewed by the NZDFA Selection and Appointments Panel (SAP) in early June. They have a chance to address the NZDFA at the AGM next week but you can also read their profiles here.
- 2022/23 NZDFA Annual Report and AGM reminder
- Expression of interest for a NZDFA rep on the National Velvetting Standards Body
- NZDFA membership for 2023/24 - let us know if you didn't receive a subscription invoice
- MetService Outlook
- Production feature: Copper deficiencies
- Joke of the Month
- 2023 Deer Industry Conference, Ashburton, 10 May 2023
- Farming for a successful future event, Rural Support Fundraiser, Hastings, 17 May 2023
- 2023 Next Generation Programme, Canterbury, 3-4 August 2023
- Mark your calendars: 2023 National Velvet & Trophy Antler Competition and 2024 CK Import Export Rising Stars