Aug 10, 2023
Issue 191 | August 2023
The 11th Next Generation Programme was held in Ashburton last week hosted by the Canterbury West Coast Branch (CWC) and The Elk and Wapiti Society of New Zealand (EWSNZ). It was a very proactive hosting offer by CWC and EWSNZ and planning has been happening for nearly a year. Thanks to all those involved, especially Grant Hasse, Lorna Humm and our sponsors.
Executive Committee member Jamie Ward on the future, opportunity, and exposure.
Producer Manager Lindsay Fung’s update on stock exclusion from waterways submission, DINZ staffing update, the October Branch Chairs meeting and more.
- 2023-24 NZDFA subscription reminders have been sent out via email
- Velvet season reminders
- NZDFA and DINZ change to physical location, postal address remains the same
- Student needing work experience
- Launch of the National Wild Goat Hunting Competition
- MetService Outlook August 2023
- Production feature: Feeding deer – intake requirements
- Joke of the Month
- 2023 October Branch Chairs Meeting, 5-6 October, Wellington
- 2023 North Island Velvet Competition, Awards Night 25 November, Fielding
- 2023 41st National Velvet & Trophy Antler Competition, Awards Night 8 December 2023, Invercargill
- 2024 CK Import Export Rising Stars, 9 March 2024, Te Awamutu
|If you or your NZDFA branch have recently held any deer farming events or have a story that you'd like to share, please feel free to contact DFA Stagline with details and we will aim to publish them in the next issue.|