Apr 6, 2023
Issue 187 | April 2023
Mark McCoard reflects on the cancellation of the Taihape Ruapehu weaner fair, the funds raised for farmers affected by Cyclone Gabrielle and looks forward to industry events in May.
The strength of the NZDFA Branch network has been put to the test in the aftermath of Cyclone Gabrielle and it has shown how farmers come together to help each other.
Finally, we have the location, the programme, and a field day locked in. It's now just waiting for you to register and join us in Ashburton on 10/11 May!
Sitting members Justin Stevens and Mark McCoard return to the Executive Committee unopposed, there are three nominees for two positions on the Selection and Appointments Panel, and four nominees for one position on the DINZ Board.
Details on this year's NZDFA AGM and Branch Chairs Meeting in May.
The New Zealand Deer Farmers’ Association invite you to join them through subscription for the 2023/24 year. Your annual subscription supports NZDFA at the national level to represent your interests over a broad spectrum of activities and a portion is returned to the local Branch of your choice.
- $118,000 raised for deer farmers
- Landcare Research - Survey of Rural Decision Makers
- MetService Outlook
- Production Feature: Mating management stags
- 2023 Deer Industry Conference, Ashburton, 10 May 2023
- Mark your calendars: 2023 National Velvet & Trophy Antler Competition and 2024 CK Import Export Rising Stars
- MSD/Allflex Deer Industry Photo Competition - 1 week to go!