Jul 13, 2023
Issue 189 | June 2023
Last week the second and largest convoy of Southland deer posts headed north to Hawkes Bay. Richard Hilson, deer farmer and Hawkes Bay DFA member, tells us how it happened.
Justin Stevens on freshwater submissions, unlawful hunting meeting and the Next Generation Programme in August.
Selection and Appointments Panel (SAP) chair Karen Middelberg gives insight into this year's process of selecting the new producer appointed Deer Industry New Zealand (DINZ) board member.
Once again, the popular Next Generation Programme has reached capacity! We're excited to see everyone in Canterbury next month. There is a waitlist operating, so please get in touch if you'd like to be added to that. Thanks to Canterbury West Coast Branch NZDFA and Elk Wapiti Society NZ for hosting this years event.
Producer manager Lindsay Fung catches us up on what's been going on including an office move, unlawful hunting hui and stock exclusion submissions.
- Haven't paid your 2023/24 NZDFA subscription? We're encouraging you to pay as soon as possible
- DINZ and NZDFA office on the move
- Student needing work experience
- MetService Outlook
- Production feature: Wintering feed systems
- Joke of the Month
- Deer Lameness Workshop, 17 July 2023, Geraldine and online
- 2023 Next Generation Programme, Canterbury, 3-4 August 2023
- 2023 October Branch Chairs Meeting, 5-6 October, Wellington
- 2023 41st National Velvet & Trophy Antler Competition, Awards Night 8 December 2023, Invercargill
- 2024 CK Import Export Rising Stars, 9 March 2024, Te Awamutu
|If you or your NZDFA branch have recently held any deer farming events or have a story that you'd like to share, please feel free to contact DFA Stagline with details and we will aim to publish them in the next issue.|