Sep 8, 2023
Issue 192 | September 2023
Executive Committee member Mark McCoard reflecting on the wet winter, local happenings, meetings with marketing managers and the upcoming Branch Chairs Meeting.
National Life Member Murray Powell recently passed away. The Waikato Branch NZDFA have provided obituary to honour one of the great stalwarts of the deer industry.
We're kicking off a series on profiling your Branch Chairs and thought we'd start with the newest. The Marlborough Branch NZDFA elected a new chair at their recent AGM. Welcome to Geoff Hayes.
Producer Manager Lindsay Fung’s update on the upcoming Branch Chairs meeting, NIWA forecast for summer and the Otago Regional Council reports which examine the regional economy and the role agriculture plays.
DINZ has recently welcomed new staff after recent organisational changes. Let's introduce them! John Ladley, Virginia Connell and Kathy Goodwin-Ray.
NZDFA recently received notification from the NZ Companies Office of changes required for Re-registration as an incorporated society. These changes will also apply to any NZDFA Branch that has applied separately to be an incorporated society.
- 2023-24 NZDFA Membership
- Generation Change
- MetService Outlook September 2023
- Production feature: Velvet antler growth cycle
- Joke of the Month
- 2023 DINZ Road Trips - 12 September Alexandra and 13 September Winton
- 2023 October Branch Chairs Meeting, 5-6 October, Wellington
- 2023 North Island Velvet Competition, Awards Night 25 November, Fielding
- 2023/24 Stag, Hind and Wapiti Bull Sales
- 2023 41st National Velvet & Trophy Antler Competition, Awards Night 8 December 2023, Invercargill
- 2024 CK Import Export Rising Stars, 9 March 2024, Te Awamutu
|If you or your NZDFA branch have recently held any deer farming events or have a story that you'd like to share, please feel free to contact DFA Stagline with details and we will aim to publish them in the next issue.|